Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many degrees should my cpu and my system be. i dont want to over heat anything but it seems to be running hot. i have 2 different readings. 1 for the cpu and 1 for the system.
thanks

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Welcome to the forum th674!

Well, as cool as you can keep it is a good thing!
As long as you have enough airflow in the case, it should be ok. Do you run extra fans? Are you overclocked?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx. i am not running any extra fans nor am i overclocked. i am running a amd 1333ghz with 512 meg ddr. i checked the temp in the bios and the cpu runs at about 145 degrees FH and the system is at about 115.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Well, I dont know what an ideal temp. is for your cpu. This should be listed in the documentation that came with it.
If you think its too hot, I would throw another fan in your case, just to make sure the warm air is being pushed out, and cool being pulled in. This should be sufficient. Its only like $8 for a fan.

·
Registered
852 Posts
What CPU are you using? 145 is too hot IMHO. I have found many of the on board heat sensors to be kinda flakey and I doubt that it is reporting the temp. correctly anyway.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Sort of on topic, have you noticed those plastic things that Dell's have for their CPU? They have a fanand heatsink on the CPU, then a plastic thing completely sectioning off the cpu, so that all the hot air gets suckd out the back..well anyway...that case I plann on buying Look for the Zeus has one!!!!! I am thoroughly inpressed.... as for the heat issue...there are alot of remedies... the easiest one is just getting another case fan, but you could also get a better heat sink, a place called http://www.7volts.com could probably help you out. I have TONS of links to companies that I like so depending on which route you decide on, I'm sure someone here could find you a good deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
jokers

Am dismayed by all this vocabulary in this section of the forum just but a starter who wants to catchup i find your speed ethereal great jokes with good work is no harm keep up my broders i like u all . but next time put a pentium vocabulary in the temperature discussions goodnight and g**d day

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
145 for the chip you are running is way to hot the thing will be gone In a week if thats an accurate reading, take off the cover and see if you are running a heatsink, fan or combo and make sure your cpu fan is spinning (if it exists) also (depeneding on the case design) feel the outside of the case oposite where the cpu sits if it is hot to the touch then the problem is real, if the outside of the case is cool (oposite where the cpu sits) then the problem is just the sensor, anyway more fans the better on a system like that.

If its hot on the outside your best chance is to get some fans, and really vent the thing, and if it a new comp. you might want to ret. for a relacement, you should not have to worry about overheating in the new systems, better to get a working model before the warantee runs out, (Most are only 30 days unless you purchases the ext. warantee, in that case its good until about 2 days before your system goes down with widespread hardware failures :))

Also what type of case is it (size wise?)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Depending on the amount of pets/children/annoying roomates you have you might want to take off the sides of the case to allow as much air flow as possible until you get things figured out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.