Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a compaq presario computer, My cpu is an AMD 1 gig, how can I find out if I can put a bigger cpu (like an 1.5 gig) into the old 1 gig spot. I have put a bigger power supply (400 watts), and a new Ati radeon 5200 video card in it already. I upgraded with the two so my wife can play her Roller Coaster 3 game.

thank you for your time.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I had good luck with Compaq support with a similar question. My machine is ancient and way out of warranty and they still helped.

Go to their site and send tech support an e-mail.

In my situation I had to change jumper settings and do a BIOS flash to upgrade my processor.

·
Registered
935 Posts
bribri175 said:
I have tried compaq support, never got an answer back from them. My model number is 5uvm11.
thanks
As Keymaker suggested, try again. If your e-mail request for help is done properly you will get an automated e-mail response fairly quickly (couple of hours) then a tech will respond (usually within a day).

BTW, your model number is unusual and incomplete. For instance, a typical Compaq desktop might be called... Compaq Presario 5610

To be able to communicate your problem you will need a model name and number

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, forgot. model is a compaq presario 5000 - 5uvm11. the 5uvm11 number is used to find the drivers on Compaq site. I bought it as a "built for you model". I received an automated response from them but never got the follow up email. I will try to email them again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.