Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a a78nx mobo and i was doing great i got the new power supply like you guys told me and i was playing wow. I loaded up the comp and starting playing wow all of the sudden i get this purple screen with white lines and i dont here my processor fan running. Now i shut down the computer and try and restart but as i do nothing happens. the powersupply is on and i hear things but the processer fan isnt. I didnt know what to do. I turned on my comp about 5 min ago and it starts. Ive have a amd athlon xp2000+ processor and have had it for about 3 years. I dont know what is wrong but now im on and wanna get some answers quick.

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
It sounds like you got a bad fan on your CPU heatsink,
causing the CPU to overheat.
You need to at very least,get that fan changed.
If you have to,put a whole new heatsink on it,
with some new thermal compound.
I wouldn't keep running it with that fan.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
could be a dead psu fan / they wont run without them / its not too expensive to replace those / take a look at a zalman unit

dont forget the artic silver 5 thermal paste

regards

joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are you sure this problem would make my fan turn off in the middle of playing worlds of warcraft because it just happened :( sigh i hate cpus. It comes out of knowwhere and my cpu temp is 5o degrees c

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok last question can u give me a link to a heatsink and fan that isnt real expensive like name and model please thx for help.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
is your cpu an athlon 64

http://www.zalmanusa.com/

look on that site for / CNPS7000-AlCu

then after selecting a cooling unit go to ebay or newegg.com to check prices >>> about $35.00

this is the way to fly >>> watch the installation movie included on the website

regards

joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw i lowered my cpu speed to 1250mhz. Now my comp restarts out of knowwhere i dont know whats going on and when it restarts is says something about ide connecter pin 80 not installed or connected.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i finnaly was able to write down full error message, Primary IDE Channel NO 80 Conductor cable installed i dont know what that means but to let you know.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Killaspawn said:
says conductor pin 80 no installed. happened again out of knowwhere
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Athlon-XP-2...ryZ44935QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem picture of exactly what my heatsink and fan looks like
You need to check the cable to you drives eather one of then has gone bad or is not an 80 wire cable.
80 wire cable have a blue connector that goes to the mother board, a black connector that is for the master drive and a gray connector for the slave. They must be plugged in this way. :sayyes:
Some Info HERE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.