Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anybody there can give me how to handle my new pc...
because i want to assemble it on my own and i dont where and how to start it...please help me thanx

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
just let the questions fly as they arise ?

one tip I can give ya:

Assemble your motherboard, cpu, video card, ONE stick of ram. Place the motherboard on top of a non-conductive surface; like the mobo box.
connect the PSU main connector to your motherboard, then add the cpu power plug (usually a 4 pin square plug with a snap lock)
when ready power on the PSU (power supply unit) then you will need to touch the two pins on the motherboard header that would normally be occupied by the case switch. you only need to touch them for about 1 second

the object to this task is to ensure these parts are all working and you can get to the bios post screen and then into the bios options. If you can, then hoorrrrrayyyy begin the in case assemply.

I strongly suggest you pay close attention to the need for motherboard case standoffs the most common mistake by first time builders is the bottom of the motherboard touches the case where its not suppose to! the only places that should be touching the case are at the mounting locations; there will be 9 of them on an ATX board!

we are here to tackle them with ya :wave:

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
formatting is done easiest by using the Win XP CD while installing the OS let the install CD format your boot drive.

For partitions "other" than your boot partition I prefer to use the hard drive manufacturer's set-up tools or my favorite = Partition Magic & BootitNG

you could use the recovery console if you prefer to gain access to the format command >>>> but I am unsure where this process writes the drives partition geometry to; which is very important

I KNOW my preferrred methods above write the set-up geometery to each drive that has been partitioned and formatted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.