Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey let me explain my situation.

I'm running i7 950 3.07ghz , 6gb ram, nvidia 580 gtx on windows 7

I'm a big gamer and my computer kept crashing to a blue screen then rebooting. I thought it was a memory issue so I ran memtest and got the error ' Unexpected interrupt - halting CPU0 which made me think its a CPU error. Yet I took out 1 stick of ram and the test started to run fine, though now in my game im getting major frames per second issues where they are decreasing alot all the time. Even with 1 stick out leaving it at 4gb ram it should run the games I play smooth as a whistle, any ideas whats going on with my PC? Does seem like the processor is on the twist but any support would be appreciated.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I have an update, I ran each stick individually, when I got to the 3rd stick the monitor wouldn't come on so i've found the faulty one.

Though i'm still confused about the FPS issue, when I have the two sticks that passed the memtest in (10 times each) when i'm gaming I still get random FPS drops and as I have a top end graphic card and decent processor I can't quite understand why this is happening. Thanks for the support guys hopefully you can figure this out with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.