Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am building a comp;uter my typing is up because i cu8t my finger on a face plate and cant feel it w/ a banodaid on it.

I recently got a ASUS m2n32 motherboard, and got a intel celeron 3.2 ghz CPU.

THERE IS NO PLACE FOR IT TO GO INTO.

The lovely little 3rd grade illustration that came with the CPU shows a "hole" where the CPU could slip into.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

The motherboard booklet has a picture of the flat place where it says it should fit.

The ONLY WAY IN H3LL this will fit is if the CPU Fan bull crap fits over it.

Except THERE IS NO FAN. They provided an optional fan which its instructions show it does NOT fit over the CPU. It says in the motherboard booklet...

Your boxed CPU heatsink and fan assembly shoudl come waiht the installation istructions for the CPU., heatsink, and the retention mechanism. If the instructions in this section do not match the CPU documentation, follow the latter.

BACK TO SQUARE ONE.

Did I get a non-compatible CPU or am I just another retard?

Am I missing something or was I dumb enough to buy the wrong CPU?

AND WHY IN HELL WOULD THE MOTHERBOARD CALL FOR A SPECIFIC SPECIAL FAN AND MAKE ME BUY IT?????? How is it going to tell you that INSIDE THE BOX IN THE BOOKLET that I need to buy a CPU wiht A FAN?????

:4-dontkno :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

any advice would calm me down.

I again appologize for any typing errors, my finger doesnt want to cooperate. :normal:

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

I know you don't want to hear this, but if you gave the correct numbers for your board and the correct CPU you purchased, they simply do not match. The board you listed is for an Athlon64 Processor and the processor you have purchased is for an Intel Motherboard. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I can certainly understand your frustration (all of us do one of those from time to time), but you need to send one or the other back and get a matching CPU and Motherboard.

Lastly, I hope you do calm down and be careful about your language, because this is a family forum and we do not tolerate that type of language since younger family members might be able to read what you have typed.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Lastly, I hope you do calm down and be careful about your language, because this is a family forum and we do not tolerate that type of language since younger family members might be able to read what you have typed.
I to appreciate the frustration, as said above we've all done similar in our time, but such language can't be tolerated on the board as mentioned it's a family board, not to mention it doesn't encourage people to want to help you :4-thatsba I hope you understand and appreciate this.

That aside you want to be looking at Athlon 64 CPU's, I tried to check the Asus site but it wasn't loading for me, I'll try again tomorrow for you if your still in need to get a list of supported CPU's for you, hope this helps a bit anyway.

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'Day LimbaughOnOC,

Just adding to what 8210GUY and Tumbleweed36 have said; I was able to get into the Asus™ site and found the CPU compatablity site here.
Just follow the prompts to select your motherboard socket etc., and then you will be given a full list of compatible CPU's for your board.

:wave:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not to be a complete **** or anything, but if you actually don't know what CPU to buy with what motherboard, I gently suggest you actually let somebody else build this computer for you, or get help from somebody who knows what he/she is doing.

No offense meant, but those parts ARE fragile and considering your non-cooperative finger and the likeliness you have no experience in the field of building computers, it wouldn't hurt to be careful. Having to buy a new CPU or motherboard due to mishandling doesn't really help improve the mood :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.