Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this system about 5 years ago and have had little to no problems with it. This morning, I see the monitor displaying "no signal input" and the mouse isn't flashing red when i move it. I restart the computer and nothing. The processor fan and other fan thing come on, but no 'beep' and no red light flashing on the front as I usually see when starting up. Basically my cpu won't start although the fans are running. nothing is getting through to the monitor. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are a couple different issues here to address. If you cannot hear the harddrive being accessed then there is probably a hardware failure. The computer accesses hardware in a specific sequence and the video card is usually one of the last devices accessed. You could have a hardware failure somewhere earlier in the sequence. Usually if it is a RAM error you will hear lots of beeps. If that is absent I would look at the motherboard itself as the problem.
But before taking any drastic steps, open it up and make sure that all devices and cables are connected tightly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.