Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
i am currently having problems with an acer aspire 5810t timeline laptop.
When i start the laptop up after a few mins,the computer slows down,making it impossibvle to do anything with it.
i have to shutdown the laptop with power button.
I have recently downloaded process explorer to try and narrown down what is causing problem.
When the laptop slows down,the colomn with hardware interupt shows 100% cpu.
So i am presuming that this is what is causing my laptop to freeze.
I have tried updating latest drivers with no avail.The only drivers that were available,were for network adaptors(Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit ethernet controller & Intel wifi link 5100 agn).
By the way when i updated the atheros controller,it was impossible to do anything on laptop,as it instantly shot up to 100% cpu,for about 5 mins.then settle down.
I have tried to run it in safe mode,everytime i try and run safe mode.it scans all drivers then starts back up as normal.(does not run in safe mode or even safe mode with command prompt).
In my latest move i have restored laptop back to factory settings and fresh installed it.
I haven't put any updates in from windows,cos am paronoid it will start making laptop freeze up.
So at the moment windows updater is saying i av some updates to install including the 2 drivers mentioned earlier.:4-dontkno
Last of all every so often i have problems making cd/dvd drive open.
when i restart laptop,i can open it staright away.after a while it wont open.whern i look in device manager theres no dvd/cd drive:4-dontkno
i have checked for viruses,spyware etc.all clean.
If any one could shed somelight on cpu been at 100% and how to get my laptop to go into safemode when i ask it to,it would be very much appreciated.
windows vista service pack 1
home premium
acer aspire 5810t
intel core2solo cpu u3500 @1.40ghz.
4 gb ram
32 bit operating system.
thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update
i av updated bios(apperantly there was a newer version out).
Looks like it may av done the trick as regards not freezing p.c up
cd/dvd drive still doesn't work after so olong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your CD/DVD drive takes a long timeto open beacuse. The ACER Aspire Timeline laptops strive to be energy effecient for the environment and a longer lasting battery. To conserve battery power when the CD/DVD drive is not in use Acer's own power manager turns of the opitical drive. So when you want to open it is had to be turned back on again and then opened. You should notice that when your laptop and being charged the drive should come out almost striaght away because Acer is not trying to conserve battery power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.