Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wanted to address this issue about my computer with people who may know what is going on... I have a Compaq Presario 2100 Notebook computer, with 512mb ram, 1.8gHz AMD Athlon XP-M, 64mb ATI Radeon IGP 320M. And I have the crappiest time running CS 1.6, and I figured my computer should at LEAST run that, right? I have settled with the fact it wont play anything else, but 1.6? jeez, it's a game from like 1999. Please, can someone tell me if I am destined to be a websurfer, or should my computer be able to play it and there is just something wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
have you updated the drivers ?

what FPS are you getting in game ?

do you have any loss or choke ?

do other games run ?

are you trying to play in opengl or directx ?

this tool will allow u to install regular catalyst drivers to the IGP http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/
i must also say the 320 IGP isnt the best card and was not intended for gaming. my 3 year old laptop with an intel chipset manages cs 1.6 at around 40 FPS and thats pushing it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok...

Yes, Drivers are all up to date.

My FPS is a high of 9 to 11

At times, gameplay gets pretty choppy

I can run Halo, if that's any help, other than that, I avoid games because I know what I CAN'T do... :laugh: oh, and I tried playing Need For Speed Underground and couldn't get past the main menu it was so laggy.

and, I am pretty sure I have tried both, I'm actually gonna try right now.

I was thinking it was my GPU (onboard shared crap) but not positive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The game runs about the same on D3D and OpenGL, and keep in mind, these are on the LOWEST settings too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was kinda leaning towards that, I just wanted some more educated deductions behind it, thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not bad... I can actually turn up the graphics a slight bit, but not to much, other than that, it runs fairly smoothly. I noticed most of my trouble in CS was the smoke grenades, they bog me down so much, I stop moving.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
have you tried 16 bit mode and 800 x 600 ? also u can turn down the quality of the smoke grenades and the max bullet caseings and smoke puffs in the console.

console commands related to smoke and casings start with a "cl_" i believe also type in net_graph3 and see if there are any loss or choke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.