Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you folks have answered questions like this a zillion times, and i'm sorry for any redundance, but i couldn't find what i was looking for after numerous searches, so if you could bear with it one more time i'd appreciate it :)

I've got 2gb (4 x 512) Corsair CM2X512A-6400 modules (DDR2-800, PC6400) stuffed in my ASUS P5WD2 Preimum m/b.

I've been toying around with overclocking just slightly (haven't gone over 10%) and want to play with the RAM a little bit. Nothing crazy, just a tad over what it came out of the box at.

Latencies are 5-4-4-15-4 as per the BIOS. Every time i try and change them, it doesn't work. Is it possible to run them at lower latencies for better performance?

I'm not dissatisfied with the performance, Everest Home Edition benchmarks are 6277mb/sec read, 2296mb/sec write, and latency of 80.1, i just wanna push the envelope a teeny bit :)

I saw on the Corsair website that they tested at 2.1v, and my board was stock at 1.8. Would increasing the voltage help with stock timings, or should that be left alone until i change latencies (that is, if it's possible to get something that works).

Thanks for listening to my rant, if you need more info, just ask!

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Chances are unless you underclock your memory it will not run at tighter timings, you could try bumping the voltage up to 1.95 or 2.1 and see if that helps but don't expect too much, your best bet would be to up the voltage a bit and up the fsb to gain a bit of performance and leave the stock timing alone

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks for the help.

I'll boost up the voltage a little bit at a time over the next few days to get to 2.1 :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.