Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I werent sure where to post this, so forgive me if this should have been posted under another topic.

I have had some very bad malware/virus problems for a couple of days now, and today, after scanning with every scanner out there, and endlessly reading tutorials and articles i ended up with removing the obvious spyware. But there was still alot of problems. I was unable to access regedit, taskbar where showing and updating, but everytime i clicked on it the alert sound beeped. It wasnt frozen, only "locked". I could not access internet, nor could i move/copy files. So i ran Combofix, but after that, everything went wrong. Safemode wouldnt work and taskbar disappeard and so on.

So i decided to try the repair-function on the XP-cd (not Recovery console) and it went through without problems... until I was finished. When trying to boot windows after installation, I get this bluescreen:

*** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error
*** The system has halted ***

I've read that it has to do with memory. And i have a feeling it might be my videocard, and that something is wrong with the drivers.

I figured id try to enter safemode and see, but it wont load after the loginscreen.

So now im stuck. I can't afford to loose the documents on my HD. If only i could access the files and get a backup, i can do a fresh install.

So my ultimate question is: Is there a way to backup the data on my hd, when my os is faulty?

Any help appreciated!

Dan

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,076 Posts
If you have another pc you could slave the drive into it.
You could also try the repair install again did you follow instructions like these> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI

There is also the Live Linux CD option where you D/L Ubuntu and burn it to a cd, mount the Hard drive and copy your files to a cd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.