Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting errors such as:
"An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file."

"7-Zip Data Error." "unspecified error"

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verifying its integrity, and try again."

Got these errors installing Spybot S&D, AdAware Personal, Nvidia driver, Trillian, tried different sites for different downloads. Still getting errors...

I just put windows XP Pro on this computer after wiping it, never had a problem with this XP pro cd. New motherboard though also.

A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
6800 GT Nvidia
2 Gig OCZ performance ram
3500 64 amd
300gb raptor
74gb max diamond (primary)

Ran mem test - 0 errors
Ran prime95 for 21 hours or so, 100% error free.

The A8N is a new mobo...I know someone with same motherboard, with same problem.
I dont think its my ethernet drivers either because I unhooked my cable, took a file from my other computer, transfered it over from my port HD, tried to install it, and got a corrupted file error.
I'm bout out of ideas. Tried a reinstall or windows, worked for 15 minutes then it happened again, I got about 10 things installed.
I'm stumped. Any ideas or suggestions are more then welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just built new system and had same problem. Heres what worked for me. I have the asus a8n32-sli with 2 ethernet ports. One uses marvel drivers and one uses the nvidia chipset dirvers. I went to support.asus.com.tw and put in motherboards, socket type, model on the pull down menus. listed all available downloads and installed the most recent drivers for the marvel ethernet controller and the nvidia chipset driver. I had to download the nvidia drivers on another computer because of course when I tried on my new system they came up corrupt. Burned those to cd and installed. Then I installed ad aware and spybot search and destroy and ran both of those and got rid of the spyware. So far so good. Everything seems to be working. Downloaded pcmark05 and about 6 others with no problems. I could not get pcmark to install and after this I worked on first try. Hope this helps and works for you. sbart47

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same problem and after searching the internet for a couple days I found out it was my Bios that was causing the problem. I had updated it a while ago and I rolled it back to the old one and everything works good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.