Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched online, but every issue I found is the USB disconnecting devices every 5 minutes. Mine disconnects ever 1/5th of a second.

I have a USB CD/DVD Drive (because manufacturer's stopped putting these drives in laptops), and on all 3 USB ports on have this issue. It's also device specific. I plug the CD drive in, and the computer plays its little "device connected" tone. Then half a second later, it plays the "device disconnected" tone. It does this for a solid 30 seconds. The little device icon in the taskbar flashes on and off in 1/5th of a second intervals, looks like a siezure.

This does not happen with USB mice, but it does happen with this CD/DVD drive as well as any android device I plug in (2 different types tested). That's why I dont think its a CD drive device issue.

Any direction on where to go for this? I can't find anything.

Also, side note, after the 30 seconds of it going crazy, if I open the CD/DVD drive, the drive actually appears on the list in "This PC", if I click on it, it says to insert a disk. Once I close the disk tray, it starts the process over again of spazzing out.

Lenovo Y70-70 Touch
Windows 10 Home
Intel i7-4710
8 GB RAM

Edit: Also, this happened both before and after upgradeing from Windows 8 to Windows 10. It was just an upgrade, not a full wipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.