Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Continuous error on my PC

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Azael 
#1 ·
Two weeks ago, I got to reformat my PC probably due to worms. Now I'm having problems. First as I restart my PC after hang, I got message saying "Unmountable_boot_device". I quickly used the recovery console and follow the steps as directed in Microsoft support page.

Damaged File System
If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged.

If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, use the following steps: 1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.

Problem solved.

Now, I have the same problem. I wonder what went wrong. I appreciate if someone could help me. Is this cause by virus / worms or what? Aside from that, my PC has problems opening few applications and saving documents. Most of the time the program said it does not respond. The task manager menu also won't pop up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :wink:

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I'm using my laptop, so I can easily browse. By hdd you mean I should contact my hardware manufacturer's website? I'm not sure what hdd is, but I reckon it's my motherboard? Mine's P4SE.

I just found out that everytime I restart or reset my PC, the loading screen fro Windows always hanged up and I need to reboot and use the Recovery console again everytime.

Thank you keymaker, I'll try it. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.