Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pop ups keep coming. When I open any programs, or when opening the browser, also when opening any files on my computer. They will not close out no matter how many times you click to close dialog box. The pop ups range from windows help and support boxes to I explorer help to working with folders boxes and even Norton help box when trying to run live update or just running scan on system. PLEASE HELP ! It is getting worse as the pop ups are more frequent and harder to close long enough to get something done. Thanks

·
Awesom-O 4000
1,241 Posts
That is a weird one.
I recommend using system restore to restore the pc configuration back to a time before this issue began.
start-all programs-accessories-system tools - system restore.

Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi scoobybug,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Which Norton product and version are you currently using? Please let me know.

The first thing you should do is to run Windows Update to ensure you have all of the Microsoft patches applied to Windows.

If you have not already done so, boot into Windows Safe Mode, launch Norton, manually run LiveUpdate and if any updates are installed, restart back into Safe Mode. Next, complete a "Full System Scan" to check for infections. If any infections are found, complete another "Full System Scan."

Thanks,
Mike

The pop ups keep coming. When I open any programs, or when opening the browser, also when opening any files on my computer. They will not close out no matter how many times you click to close dialog box. The pop ups range from windows help and support boxes to I explorer help to working with folders boxes and even Norton help box when trying to run live update or just running scan on system. PLEASE HELP ! It is getting worse as the pop ups are more frequent and harder to close long enough to get something done. Thanks

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
The only thing it could be doing is pinging different hosts/files. So basically, when ever you click on a file or whatever it sends pings back and KEEPS sending them, which is weird. A good way to test whether or not I'm current is to use your CMD and type "ping www.google.com" and if you get popups then I'm right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
norton 360 premier edition. and now I am also getting "failed to launch help" window pop ups, when I open computer file or document file or whatever then I get a "working with folders" window opening and it will not close. I'm ready for the men in the little white coats!! lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried the system restore, It will not restore "error occured" system not changed. Offline windows help and support window keeps opening. And whatever program I open the help window for that program relentlessly will not stay closed. OMG ! It's insane !!

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
Zappaboss has the right idea Malwarebytes is good too, matter of opinion.

"It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van." Alex - Clockwork Orange

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.