Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halo, this is my first post so plox take it easy, i'm not what you'd call tech savvy. Anyways, I've recently put together a new PC sporting a intel core 2 quad, an NVIDIA 780i EVGA motherboard, a 9800 GX2 graphics card and all the other fixins for a gamer's PC (4 gigs o' ram and such). I've been using windows XP 64 bit (which rapes because it's so damn fast) the only problem is, recently, my games stopped working, mind you not all of them, but for instance: I was playing Farcry just yesterday and now, when I start the game up, the splash screen comes on and it automatically closes. I've heard the whole deal about drivers and such-like. I've downloaded and rolled back, unistalled, then reinstalled all of the most recent and up to date drivers, and mind you, the games were working before, but now, the games seem to be crashing before they even start LEFT AND RIGHT. It would be much appreciated if one of you fine, fine members of the community could help me sort this problem out. (if you need any more of the gritty specifics, just ask)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, of course, I would never think of installing something so system intensive without taking all of the precautionary measures to ensure the integrity and safety of the hardware.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is all your hardware, RAM and all 64bit supported?
I cant use windows 64bit because my cheap *** hynix bog standard ram conflicts with 64bit processes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Note that previously, on the same system, the games had indeed worked fine, without a hitch. But after a restart of the computer I came back and much to my dismay, i'd say 70 percent of my applications crash. I have no way to decipher what it is but i have 4 gigabytes of kingston ram and my hardware seems to be supporting the OS just fine, it's just a key few applications like PC games and some clients.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only reason I really want 64 bit is for the speed of the apps and for the 4 gigs of ram. I can't really run the newer games without it and I sure as hell can't move up to vista because I heard that's less reliable. I really want to keep it because I think it's much faster than said 32 bit edition, but I didn't expect it to go from perfect to completely unreliable from one day to the next.

·
Registered
655 Posts
oh fair play, well i run crysis fine..on 32bit XP..im sure you can?
no lag..the odd skippy bit but thats just my shat gfx card!
i would say jump down to the 32bit, ive not noticed any speed diff..only one ive seen is xp to vista..n that sucked

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I completely understand, and I do not doubt the power of 32 bit. I previously used it and it's the best operating system I've ever used but the thing is, I would hate to leave my 4 gigs behind. That is what I've wanted for a very long time, a faster and more responsive system. So I was simply wondering if anyone else was having the same problems that i have been having to see if there is some kind of software related fix, but thank you for at the very least trying to figure it out.:smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.