Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I went to set up a friend's computer today and I came across something that I had never experienced before.

She bought a Dell computer with a integrated sound card and matching Dell Speakers. However when you listen the speakers play anything, you hear a constant and loud feedback along with it.

I checked to see if the speakers connections were damaged, unplugged, etc... Everything was great. I plugged the audio jack into my ipod and I heard great quality music.

Then on the opposite end I plugged in my headphones into the computer's audio jack. Again, I heard great quality music.

I spent quite some time with Tech support going through the motions - updating drivers, re-seeding wires, running diagnostics in the Bios - but nothing helped. I am more than certain that it isn't a software issue, but at the same time I cant' say it's a hardware issue since each works individually.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any ideas on where to go next? I was only able to suggest headphones, but that's not much of a solution. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a good idea. My question is; is it possible for the sound card to be incompatible with the speakers? I never thought that speakers could be incompatible with anything, but we've already seen that its not a software issue and that the hardware on either end is not faulty. So if I exchange it for the same unit, do you think I'm likely to get the same result?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.