Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer crashes to mostly anything related to my video card, or if i run some programs like norton antivirus, or if a window freezes and un freezes my computer will crash a few minutes after.
I disabled automatic restart so i get the blue screen. I have an E Machine computer, xp, im not sure how to check how much ram.

i tried the video card stress test and my computer crashed soon as the world got big enought to cover most of the screen. If someone could help that would be great. thanks.

G

·
Download everest ( link provided below ) for your system specs.

Freezes might be generated by a videocard problem ( heat or defect ) - defective ram, overheated cpu, malware. And since you have an e-machines computer you have to change your power supply whether it is fine or not. The problem itself might be the power supply too.

If you can ;
-try a different ram
-try a different videocard

Open up your case and clean up the heatsink and fans ( psu fan - cpu fan and anyothers if you have any ) and your videocard fan ( if you have any )

Check for malware. Click on greyknights link below and follow the instructions. A good clean up never hurts.

Post back with your progress info.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.