Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I thought it time to be smart about solving my computer issue and register at this forum and seek some help.

I have a Dell Dimension desktop Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8gh with 3 GB of Ram.
The computer is running windows XP Home edition 2002 with SP3

I had been noticing that the computer has been running slower and slower over the past few months and when ever I was hooked up to it remotely through Logmein it seemed to take forever to come out of screen saver mode etc.
I opened up windows task manager and noticed that with no applications running that my cpu usage was constantly fluctuating from a low of 4% to a high of 85%.

within the task manager "processes" window the cpu usage was constantly in and out of the following.

AGENT.exe
ISUPSM.exe
TMBMSRV.exe
MCCITRAYAPP.exe
There were occasional blips of other processes

I did a search on these files and was led to a tech forum site (not this one)and I read a post about running a "hijack this" scan which I did.
The info that this scan provided is well beyond my abilities to understand.
Is there anyone who could help me with this issue?

All I ended up doing by attempting a suggested fix is making matters worse as now everytime the computer starts it gets stuck on trying to install a Photo Gallery" program that I don't ever remember installing and have no disk for and for me to be able to get the computer to finish "starting" is using Windows Task Manager to end the application

Thanks for any help and I hope that I followed all of the rules properly

Russ

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Go Control panel and click on Add&remove. Remove any progs you don't want. Then
download Ccleaner. Run it twice. After the 1st time run Diskclean followed by Defrag . Then Ccleaner.
If you copy n paste your Hijack results onto here someone will tell you what the probs is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.