Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Belkin Wireless G Router model# F5D7230-4 Ver. A000. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue. Ok, here it is...

I used this router to connect my desktop to my isp comcast and it worked fine. Rescently I bought a little net book computer with XP home.. I belive sp2. I can connect to the internet fine when the encryption is off. But when I try to put a password on the wireless singnal it acts funny. I can wirelessly connect to the router and it says, "Singnal strength excelent." However I can't connect to the internet. When I turn off the encryption I connect to the router and it says the same thing, but I can get on the internet. As far as I can tell I did the correct thing for a passcode, because I can connect to the wireless singnal. Something is just stopping it from getting to the internet. It must be something with the encryption, but it is out of my realm of knowledge.

Someone please help me. Also, the program to help setup a wireless network and make it secure is of no help. I have tried everything I know how to do to fix this problem.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Supply, more information please.

OS running on all affected systems
Make\models of all equipment (routers, network cards, modems).
Wired or wireless?
What wireless encryption is in use?
Browsers being used (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera,...)

Please give a detailed description of the problem.
Open up a command prompt (Start > run > cmd)
Type the following bolded commands and post the results for each affected machine, when you have encryption on and off.

ipconfig /all
ping www.google.com
ping 74.125.53.99

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get that information to you asap. Its actually my sister's computer, but I was trying to get it to work. Thanks for your time.

its wpa/wpa2 encryption. she uses firefox. Her isp is comcast. I will be able to get there on sunday to find the rest of the information. thanks for your time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.