Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings gurus,

This is about some problem about internet connection.
I was helping a friend to fix her computer. No connection to the internet.

She's living in university hostel so its using VPN. Connecting to the hostel LAN then to the central server and then to the internet.

She brought her computer and when she plugged in the LAN and online, she caught the Blaster worm which shuts down computer in 60 secs. I tried using "shutdown -a" to stop it but realized it won't work in windows 2000, how is it? Then, I tried to tweak the settings but then the computer no longer goes onto the net, giving error 769 using some LT2P network can't connect due to administrator rights.

I tried a lot of ways even releasing ip settings at prompt with "ipconfig -release" then "ipconfig -renew" but to no results.... I have no idea what's wrong. Windows 2000 have no system restore.

I tried even "netstat -n" but there shows no connection to the hostel LAN, which it should show. ( there are connections in my computer )

I'd like to know what is the solution to this problem.

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Logan_dxer said:
She brought her computer and when she plugged in the LAN and online, she caught the Blaster worm which shuts down computer in 60 secs.
Just from this quote, if this was mine, I would zero fill the drive and re-install the OS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.