Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm facing this small but irritating problem lately with my connection.

1) Disconnect often (usually i was able to stay connected for more than 2-3 weeks)
2) Able to Sent but not able to Received after 4-6 hrs. (i.e. ppl can msg me but i can't reply the msg or ppl are able to receive files from my computer but i am unable to d/l files from them)
3) Connection disappears suddenly.
4) Not able to connect at all (Error 718...remote computer did not respond)

I have contacted my ISP and they sent someone over to troubleshoot for me. According to them, i need to change my cable and I did. Frankly i think they don't know what is going on and their inconsistency and incapability are depressing. Can someone give me a hint what to do? I'm currently not connected to any network, just direct from my phone line to my Aztech 305E modem.
Thanks

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Purchase a DSL splitter and install it at the telco service entrance. Run a direct line from the DSL port on the splitter directly to the DSL modem. Connect all of the other phone instruments to the telephone output of the DSL splitter.

This is as good as it gets for DSL installations, and will usually solve in-house wiring issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.