Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! excuse me for again enquire over USA.

have one curiosity.

Wath the speed normal of the connections in the USA?

here in brazil is 2mb maximum, and 600k normal.

:cry:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Those are some pretty decent speeds.

My cable company says that it should be 6megabits, and I usually see about 400-500 kilobytes per second on a really good day. And that's really only with websites that can dish out that sort of speed. Transfers on bittorrent rarely go past 80k a second.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
I use NTL broadband in the UK. Very reliable and consistent speeds, depending on the source. My 1mb connection was recently upgraded to 2.5mb for free, and for existing customers it will be upgraded again early next year to 10mb, at no extra cost. :cool:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I have Cox Cable in the mid US. I average about 1.5Mb on a good day, never get below 600Kb, and have had 5-6Mb bursts.

·
Registered
462 Posts
@koala, i am in UK and i havent heard of this NTL speed upgrade, my mate has 1mbit NTL, would he get the 2.5mbit upgrade?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Here in San Antonio, Texas I get 5.0Mbps sustained speed over a cable line. Lowest it's gone was maybe 4.2Mbps, it's very stable.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
CNET has a neat test tool here. I'm in upstate NY USA and I have Roadrunner(beepbeep) cable service and just now I scored 3185kbps...not too shabby :cool: :grin:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
This is what is available in my area!!

Verizon FIOS fiber to the house!

How about the 30 Mbps/5 Mbps if you are willing to pay the price!!!

Test are showing FIOS is running about 700-800 kilobytes on the 5 Mbps service very consistently.

I tested a 15 Mbps service the other day that was downloading at 17.5 Mbps!!

JamesO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.