1st things 1st what i am using
OS= Vista Home Prem sp1
ram= 4gig
gfx= nvidia285xt
rounter=dlink dgl 4500
modem= webstar W2402
NIC= onboard nvidia nforce 10/100/1000
okay so here is my problem
i am an mmorpg guy and latency is the death to all in my world. when i router my PC through my router i have horrible latency ( around 3k) also slow connecting to the routers web page and other websites are slow as well. was thinking router problem but then i hoped on my wife's laptop which is wired connection to the same router( and no she wasn't dling or anything) and here internet is nice and fast, i can connect to the outers page no problem etc. so i connect my PC straight to the modem and my internet is fine. lower latency faster loading. so i guess my question is is it possible form my nic to not be compatible with my router. and/ or what can i possible be doing wrong that my pc will not work with this router( which is brand new)
Please Help, my wife will kill me if i keep her off the internet so that i can be on it.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,021 Posts
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.