Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My second thread here...Involving trouble with my internetconnection. Normally I get downloads at aproximately 170 to 200 kbps. Though since a couple days my connection gets dramatically slowed down while running Kazaa Lite K++, even when not down- or uploading any files at all. I only get downloadspeeds up to 20kbps maximum. Though when I close Kazaa Lite everything's back to normal. My pfw doesn't notice any abnormal connections, and I'm pretty much clued out. I figgured it could be a Trojan or something. Could it?? Is there a good (regularly updated) program available to scan you computer for trojans??

Anyone some recommendations??
Thanks a lot in advance anyway...

(feel free to ask more info of course..)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well, that isn't really the most obvious recommendation I'd expect.:|
But apart from the analytic way of thinking, anyone else got a clue??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey thanks,

But no good...:mad: I've tried ad-aware as well as SpyBot, and both progs didn't find anything related to Kazaa Lite (although they found 137 files to be downloaded, so thanks anyway).

But, the problem still occurs...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a disappointed post after trying Ad-aware and Spyware, and checking the dumb microsoft site, I tried the spywareblaster for a final try. Despite of my scanning with the former progs, SpywareBlaster foud a lot of "Bad" Files..

And, surprisingly, sweeping 'm fixed the problem. :D :D

So thanks a lot for the recommendation, jgvernonco, I'll stick to scanning with those three progs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.