Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first start off by saying, I don't have a clue what I am doing.:4-dontkno

My laptop connects everywhere except on my own wireless system. It did connect to it for about two days when it was first set-up. The computer sees the wireless connection but all I get is 'acquiring network address' . It also says security-enabled wireless network(wpa) which I don't remember ever setting up security on this router. . So I don't know how to get past this point.

I'm trying to connect to a linksys wrt54g ver6.

·
Global Moderator
51,311 Posts
You need to start by going into the router configuration and setting a WPA key that you know, then using the same key for the wireless connection to your machine.

If you still have difficulty, try disabling encryption on the router to get connected, then enable it as a separate step.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks johnwill,
As stated I have know idea what I'm doing, So I didn't understand your instructions. But after about an hour or two of trying to figure this thing out I ultimately did what you said to do and now everything is working. Thanks for your help. I just hope I can remember what I did if this happens again.

·
Global Moderator
51,311 Posts
Write it down. :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.