Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a M2N32 motherboard last year. I wanted to learn put together a computer. So far I've got the power supply (I don't remember what kind-but it fits, I think it's a 700 watt)
It says it takes an AM2 cpu (I got a 64 X2 3500, but I think I want a more powerful one, would any am2 cpu work?].
I'm really confused about choosing a graphics card? It says it has 2 PCI-E x16 ports)
Would any PCI-E x16 work? How do you choose a card? What are the requirements I should look for? It's going to be used for mostly web browsing and video games when my grandkids visit. Thank You

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,105 Posts
Yes any AM2 and some AM2+(Phenom X3, X4) chips.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103772
Is about as good as it gets on your board.

Any PCIe x16 will work, but get us the brand and model of the power supply.
Web browsing is not very video intense so the games and budget will determine what you want for a video card.
You have a nvidia chipset on the board so I would stay with Nvidia chipped video cards rather then ATI cards.

Did you have a budget in mind?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
Thanks for the reply. I've been searching for something around $100.00. Not too pricey, but not the bottom of the barrel. I've never done anything like this before so right now, I just want to be able to say I got one going. Eventualy I want to work on something really cool! I think the power supply is corsair 750 watt 24 pin

thanks again
teentine9

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,105 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi.
Thank You so much this seems like a good start. I also see AGP cards on the list. I wanted to replace the video card on my Dell too.
Thanks Again.
teentine9
Bye

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My grandkids are 5 & 9, and I got them a computer for Christmas so They're use of my computer will be even less than it already is.... I bought a bunch of games from RealArcade that I'm going to trannsfer onto the computer I bought them. That way I can get them (the games) off my computer. Thank You for the Info The 9500GT sounds like it will fit the bill just fine.
Thanks Again

teentine9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.