Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help will help,I have an hp pavilion a1330n running windows xp that had a bfg nvidia 8400 add on vidio card.The fan went bad and bfg is not standing by there lifetime warranty.I had a ati hd1350 that i took out of my new computer when i upgraded.installed it and the drivers.vidio portion works great but now i have no sound.been at this for four hours and still no sound.any ideas?:4-dontkno

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Hi,
Do you have any errors in the Device Manager (yellow ! or Red x)?
Please post any errors if you do.

Have you doubled check the speaker connections?
Tested the speakers on another computer?
Entered the BIOS to make sure that the On-Board Audio is enabled?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no,no errors in device mgr.speakers work fine when hooked up to my newer computer.do have this thing called ascentive that grandson downloaded and on start up it tells me that files are missing.also get error message when trying to go to media center.media center will not start,checked online and this ascentive thing appears to be some type of malware.ran malware bytes and it did'nt pick it up,still scratching my head.thanks for your time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok,reinstalled nvidia 8400 graphics card and sound came back.i guess ati radeon hd4350 is not compatable with my older computer.guess i'll find anouther 8400 with a good fan.thanks

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,836 Posts
Assuming the 4350 has an HDMI output with audio like most of the other newer ATI cards, it simply may have changed the default audio output.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Right click on the volume icon in the taskbar. (Thats in your bottom right corner.) Also make sure you right click. NOT LEFT CLICK! Then, click on playback devices in the menu that pops up. And look at the default settings options on the screen. This is for Windows Vista Home Premium OS. Let me know what your running on if that answer didnt help much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i'm running xp 32 bit,but everything i click on the computer tells me this device is working properly.however in the sound recording box under the audio tab it is grayed out.i don't know if that means anything.under my sound playback it says ati audio rear output.but all volume levels are up to max

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i'm running xp 32 bit,tryed the speaker on the task bar but it just tells me everything is working right.but when i go to sound the record device is grayed out.should it be?

·
Registered
33 Posts
you left clicked on the speaker. Try right clicking and following my directions over again. The record device is grayed out because you dont have a mic installed.

·
19,836 Posts
Which audio source are you trying to use?

You should have more than one item listed:

in the attached image, 1 = my audio chipset 2 = the HDMI audio ouput

The default device you have highlighted is the audio output in use....that is where your speakers should be attached.

Attachments

·
19,836 Posts
Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices / Audio tab / the top box "Sound playback" lists the default audio device.

Attachments

·
19,836 Posts
The ATI audio is the HDMI output.

If you are trying to use speakers connected to the PC, then you have to change the default audio device to the audio chipset/sound card.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.