Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been struggling with a connection issue for quite some time now, and haven't been able to figure it out for the life of me.

My subscription through my ISP is a 3Mbps DSL connection, and I've been on it now for almost two years. Everything has run smoothly up until a few weeks ago when I started noticing a serious drop in my speed. That 3Mbps connection hasn't been able to break 500Kbps. I've tried everything from playing with my TCP window settings, playing with the modem, the switch; running anti-virus scans, malware scans, cookies, temp internet files, checking my cables: every possible thing I can think of. I just can't seem to figure out where the issue is.

Particularly frustrating is that I'm sharing my connection with one of my roommates, and his connection has maintained its high speed - so it doesn't seem like it's a problem with the ISP or the lines. From this I'm also guessing that it's not an issue with the modem or the switch.

Thus, I can only deduce that its a problem with my actual computer, but I'm not altogether sure as how to diagnose if this is the source or how I can go about fixing it.

Any input would be much appreciated.

-Kreizhn

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
From your roommate's computer, please do this. Register at DSLReports and run their line quality tests. Post a link to the results here.

This will tell us about the line quality.

For your computer, let's see this:

Please post a HijackThis 2.00.2 Log here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.