Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- hey guys i like to enable our win03 server to act as a router and i found this article on the net http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10879-5844624.html . and follow the instructions. our win03 has 2 NIC and configured with ip address 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24 respectively. now i have 2 questions.
1. after i configured our win03 and plug our network and our neighbors network how do i test it if its working?
2. in the article it says that you might have to configure the clients to use the win03 server as their router...how can i do that?
:grin:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
- ok...wat if the client that i will connect to the server is connected to the internet. will that affect the clients internet connection?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-well our network is connected to DSL broadband router and our clients also uses the router as a default gateway....

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
New network setup will be DSL broadband router >> Server configured as a router >> two different networks.
I essence all internet traffic will be piped through the server.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
- so how will i now configure the client to connect to the router and at the same time it will have an internet access if i will now have 2 networks.:smile:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I went to the link you provided on configuring the server. I hate to say this but that was very brief and does not cover some important issues.
If the subnets are configured for DHCP you will need to make sure you have a DHCP server in place with the proper scopes. On that DHCP server you will need to make sure that the scope options are configured correctly so each clients are getting the proper information.
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Setting-Up-DHCP-Server-Organization.html

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
-thanks for the link:smile:
-is there other resources where i can get more tutorials on setting up a win03 router?:smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.