Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I like to think I'm not completely computer stupid :smooch: , but, I can't seem to retrieve my NVIDIA icon that was once in my taskbar. I turned the setting off awhile back but now that I want to configure my settings, I can't find any place to do so! I've done a search but only come up with .dlls, tried to find it through running DXDIAG, MSCONFIG, REGEDIT. Nothing. I even went through Desktop>Properties>Settings>Advanced but all the help guides say there is supposed to be a tab with your drivers name and from there you click advanced and can configure. I get a tab that says adapter and all I can do is view its properties/details. :rolleyes: Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went under System>Device Manager>and found my card but it just brings up the same properties screen as if I went through Desktop>Properties>Adapter. I think I remember seeing an NVIDIA icon in the CP before but there's nothing like that there now. :4-dontkno Is there anywhere else I should look or something I should do? I inserted the driver disc to reinstall but it says the driver was not found. When I click install it says my system doesn't meet the requirements/isn't compatible or something along those lines. :rolleyes: I know it's installed so why does it say the drivers not found? I was going to try uninstalling and re-installing but I'm a bit apprehensive. I don't really know what to do. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the reply btw.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
in the device manager uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes booting and reinstalling the card
disable a/virus
then run your setup disk,or d/l the latest driver from nvidia first and save it on the desktop and install that instead

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm in VGA mode [after uninstall] but when I go to install it says it's not compatible with current set of drivers which gets me nowhere.

So, now what?
Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing you mean the standard one that is now currently enabled? It's an Intel 82810 Graphics Controller. Do I need to disable it, restart then try the install?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much.

I got it installed, looked under the adapter tab and everything is marked <unavailable>. What do I do now?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So if it is the disk titled Recovery (which is the only one I have besides an XP disk and the FX driver disk), which option do I select? Restore back to manufacturer settings?

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
no don't use the recovery disk it will take the computer back to the day you received it
have to go to work will come back to you when i get home

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
check it is not disabled in the bios
in the device manager click on view at the top and choose show hidden devices
then check if there is any yellow alongside of anything
the m/b setup disk contains all of the drivers for the eides and everything else

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's a yellow question mark next to other dvices>video controller(vga compatible)

The only driver disk I have is the GeForce FX 5500 one. Is that the m/b one?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.