Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The present configuration of Bookmarks:

Both "areas" of Bookmarks are linked, deleting from one will update the other. Neither are isolated personal storage areas for selected bookmarks of the user's choosing. You can't keep/delete one bookmark in one area (Bookmarks toolbar and/or hamburger icon > Bookmarks) without the action being correspondingly reflected in the other area.

Now previously I could go to the hamburger Bookmarks, create and delete without my tool bar Bookmarks being effected.
Any chance of this happening again please?

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,796 Posts
Maybe solvers can't figure out what you mean by "Hamburger Bookmarks".

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,660 Posts
Product Font Line Screenshot Gadget

I think they are talking about the 3 lines at the top right of the browser that looks like a "Hamburger" to them.

What Areas of the Bookmarks are you talking about? Are you backing up your Bookmarks automatically to OneDrive or some other backup program?

33,796 Posts
You can export FF bookmarks to HTML for permanent saving and then the bookmarks actually in FF won't affect them.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,660 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes thank you, carried out your instructions, and it worked.
However this is not what I'm looking for.

Best to re-clarify my request.
The hamburger Bookmarks is very convenient for me, but I only want links in it that are temporary.
In the event I wish to keep them on a permanent basis, then I would then add them to my Toolbar Bookmarks.

As you may know this presently cannot be done, whatever happens in one version of Bookmarks correspondingly happens in the other.
I am not happy with this arrangement, and would like to bring this anomaly to the attention of the browser developers.

My question is who and how can I reach them please?

33,796 Posts
There are many ways to make HTML links non operable if this is what you're striving for.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Firefox Developer Tools:

Account temporarily on hold

systemRobot Overlord
1d

Hello,
This is an automated message from Mozilla Discourse to let you know that your account has been temporarily placed on hold as a precautionary measure.
Please do continue to browse, but you won’t be able to reply or create topics until a staff member reviews your most recent posts. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For additional guidance, refer to our community guidelines.

How long is does this take please?

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,922 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.