Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an compaq presario v6000 notebook.
it was initially shipped wid the vista home premium but i needed xp professional so i degraded to xp but i dont have any drivers for audio it says no audio device found plz help me out
regards
sandy_sihag:wave:
:pray:
:4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry, I know this is an older post but I'm having the exact same issue.

I'v got the same laptop and went from Vista to XP Professional. I realize the drivers to my laptop are here. I also notice that they don't have any audio drivers for XP, so I went with the Vista version - which is SP35684. As you notice in the picture I have the UAA certified, but for the life of me I can't get the High definition Audio to recognize. I tried installing it as a loner and got the error "Could not find MEDIA device for this driver" picture. So then I browse the install disk at c:swsetup\SP35684\v32\wisR30B7 and tryed to run it that way, and got the following error "specified location does not contain information about your hardware" picture.

Well, that's the pickle I'm in. Maybe you guys can see something that I was unable to catch. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSG....

There are two places to get the proper drivers for the computer, the manufacturer of the computer and the manufacturer of the motherboard. Just because you went from Vista to windows xp pro does not mean there are drivers for windows xp. WHat you are looking for are the special drivers for the motherboard like chipset, buss, network, audio, video and some others that will be located on the proper page. When you find them you download all of them even if you do not think they are needed, after burning them all to a CD-R you install all of them just in the order I typed earlier and then any way you wish when the list is done. After these are installed you can install the drivers from the manufacturers of the devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry ThorXP, I must have missed something. What was it that you "typed earllier?" I also notice that an older post link has the same problem and motherboard as myself, but it didn't work in my case.

For some helpful information I deleted the recovery partition, but burned it to two DvDs. And in doing so I had hoped to use my virtual pc to maybe extract the drivers with Driver Genius Professional, but it defeated in the process. So what are your recommendations ThorXP, find every *special driver* manually??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, have you found a solution? I'm having the same problem and can't find any solution.

My laptop is HP Compaq Presario CQ50z.
I'm thinking I could apply a similar solution.

Hope to get an answer.
thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.