Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it started with my lappy turning off whilst I was working on it. I rebooted it stayed on for a shot while then turned off. It has got proggressivly worse to the point where now it seems completely dead no lights, nada! I have tried taking battery out and only keep ac on but still nothin, is it stuffed?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Seems like your laptop was overheating and got worst to the point where no it wont turn on. Try cleaning it with a can of air to get the dust out from around the fan and vents.

With the no start up situation, when you plug in the ac adapter, what happens? You mentioned no lights, but do you hear anything coming on? Fan, hard drive spinning, DVD/CD ROM coming on, anything?

Try removing one of the RAM sticks and try turning on that way. If that doesn't work, remove the other stick, and put back on the first stick you took out. Try starting up that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The make and model is Toshiba Satellite Pro L300. There is apsolutly no sign its alive no noise no lights, it has completly stopped. I will try the cleaning suggestion not to sure about the ram part, will have to do some further study into how that is done.

·
Registered
380 Posts
RAM would be one/two rectangular chips in slot..try to remove the HDD,ODD & RAM & try to turn on the system,see if you get beeps from the system,if you get beeps,the motherboard is alive & if you dont the motherboard is most probably dead..so if you get beeps..add components one by one & see which part causes the issue..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.