Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was infected with msblast. Ran the patch, then ran the removal tool. After that I Norton kept popping up saying that it had detected a virus. Msblast. Well this kept going on for awhile, I finally just shut off the computer went to bed. This morning tried to load up the computer and it will not even turn on. Any thoughts? Never had this happen before. Thanks in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum fantasyrain.................:D

What exactly does happen? Any lights or fans does the power supply fan run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Nothing happens lol. It is like the computer is not even plugged in. (It is though) Went through and checked all the outlets, and they are all good. It has always ran fine up until I got the msblast. Crazy huh? Have a great weekend. Oh and thanks for the welcome.

Fantasyrain :winkgrin:

S

·
0 Posts
By the sounds of it the power supply may have crapped out. It could just be a coincidence but it sure sounds like it. First thing I would check though would be whether the wire that goes from the on button on the front panel to the motherboard is connected. As this is what does the initial powering on of the computer. I would also give the button a couple of good hefty pushes to see if it will kick in. If this doesn't work take the two wire connector off of the motherboard and give the two pins on the motherboard a quick short with a screwdriver.
Also wiggle the plug that goes from the power supply to the motherboard.

If none of this does any good I would be inclined to try another power supply..........:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.