Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im not good with computers at all, so im hoping the answer to this is really obvious but,

My computer i use for most things(im typing this from an old one) Currently wont turn on, when it starts up instead of hearing the beeping noise i usually do when the loading screen appears on my monitor, it just sounds like its dieing. It also wont show its connected to either my Shaw Ethernet Broadband Router, or the Telus gateway i have on a different computer, i have tried 3 different cables, one that came with the shaw router, one bought one, and one that came with the telus.

None of them recognize the computer is plugges in, ive tried starting it without any cable, but again it wont do anything. Ive had this problem once before, but i plugged my computer into the telus one, and it started up fine, then back into the shaw one and it still worked. Then it started freezing if i played a game(not browsing internet, just a game) and id be forced to restart my computer, the monitor would say.."No signal or input cable disconnected"

Now if the problem is internal, i have no idea how to take cards out, put them back in etc, and if i tried id end up doing mroe damage, i phoned the only place in town that fixes computers, but they cant even look at it for 2 weeks, and would prolly send it back 2 after that, so while im waiting 4 weeks i mideaswell try to solve it myself.

I also have no idea if the two problems are connected, i believe they are, but then again im not good with computers.

Sorry for walls of text, and thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, its kinda hard to explain without hearing it. It stars up, and when it gets to the point where it beeps, it sounds like its just starting over again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesnt beep at all, it gets to the point where it normally does, then makes a louder noise and starts over, its custom made, from the company that cant look at it for 2 weeks, also i jusst remembered, if it makes a difference, i cant shut it off with the button i use to turn it on, i have to hit the power switch at the back or unplug it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fans do spin, and im not 100% sure but it looks like the motherboard has lights on,

and np about the responses, still lightning fast compared to alot of other forums :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
ok lets try this first.. Open your case (while it is off lol and unplugged so it does not remember when you pull out the battery) and inside you will see a little silver battery it will look like a big watch battery...Pull it out for a good thirty seconds..and put it back in.. Lets see if this does the trick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the specs are written down somewhere...ill have to find that paper...power supply ive plugged it into 6 different plug-ins on 2 different levels of my house. But ok ill look for that big watch battery lol. Im also wondering if this could be a cooling problem, i burned my finger when i put it on the little box that said Asus(which im assuming is the moherboard)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(sorry for double post)

I took out the battery, put it back in and it worked!! with my luck itll prolly stop working again but normally things are bever that easy for me, itll always include replacing something (3 year warranty helps though).

Thanks geek!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
(sorry for double post)

I took out the battery, put it back in and it worked!! with my luck itll prolly stop working again but normally things are bever that easy for me, itll always include replacing something (3 year warranty helps though).

Thanks geek!!
Keep positive lol.. Maybe it will keep working.. In fact I am pretty sure it will

Thanks and glad you got it up and running:smile:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: [SOLVED] Computer wont turn on, doesnt recognize internet cable.

ah well my computer is special i guess... Lol after it turned on, i was on it for a little bit but restarted it to get and update working, then it did the exact same thing and wont turn back on :( I took out the battery again but it didnt do anything this time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.