Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is a long story. This all started about a month ago. I got a blue screen alerting me about something, (I couldn't tell you exactly what it said) But I know it said something about BIOS. I would power on the PC but no image would display on the monitor. Everything on the computer was running as normal but no image. :4-dontkno No beeps were ever made either. So, about a week later I found this guide on how to reset the BIOS on a computer; did it, and Voila! The computer ran like it had before no problem. It made a screeching beep for about 2 minutes that made no sense to me. So I thought all was well. But!! The next day I was back where I started. The monitor would once again show no image, and this time my handy-dandy tutorial I found wasn't working very well.. :mad: So.. now this leads to my final issue. I have removed the video card from my computer and then reset the BIOS and the computer will run, but after being shut off it will no longer start. The computer will show signs of powering on then shut off seconds later. So.. If I reset the BIOS yet again!! It will run.

I've considered power shortages, CPU, motherboard problems, maybe the video card.. I don't know anymore.. I cannot have it run with the video card anymore, no image will show, but when removed and the BIOS are reset it will. If the BIOS are not reset; however, it will not even power on.

I know this is long, but I wanted to make sure I have every detail included. Once again, no beeps have been heard except after the first time I reset the BIOS it was a long screech that lasted maybe 2 minutes.

So! Let me hear your theories. I am so lost.
I run on Windows XP, my video card is an ATI Catalyst something.. If any other information is required I will gladly fetch it for your knowledge.

Thank you in advance :pray:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Computer - Systemax_A0815
Motherboard - Foxconn SiS-661
Video Card - ATI Catalyst Control Center
PSU - ISO-350
CPU - Intel Celeron 325 - 2.53GHz
RAM - 736 MB

I should have probably mentioned in my first post that I'm not very computer savvy like many of you probably are. So if any of this information isn't quite what was asked for; please, bear with me here.

Oh, and no, I do not have another PSU on hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.