Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend upgraded from windows ME to windows XP recently and now, when he go's to burn a CD it doesnt recognize any devices... and i know for a fact that one drive is a CD-R... is there anyway to reconfigure windows so it reads the drive as a CD-R drive?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Do you mean that windows does not see the drive at all or just not seeing it as an cd r?
Go into control panel, system, device manager, DVD/CDrom drives open the folder and if there are drives listed there right click on it or them and open the driver tab and update drivers. Windows will reinstall the drivers.
then close out and try the drives again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k ill giv it a try, i meen yea they are listed as CD-ROMS, but nothing more... ill let u know what happens

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:( - i tried to update the drivers thru windows and no luck... i also tried to download the actual drivers for the Drive itself... i think its becuase they upgraded from ME to XP... i dont know if the drive is compatible with XP... maybe its to old? theres gotta be some other way to do it?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Go into control panel, system, device manager, DVD/CDrom drives open the folder and if there are drives listed there right click on it or them and open the driver tab (This time Disable it). close out of here and restart windows it should find new hardware and look for drivers if it cannot find any have it look on you XP cd or you hard drive where you downloaded the new drivers to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.