Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a western digital 250gb caviar SATA 8mb buffer and when I was setting up windows xp professional it recognized it, and it showed it in the BIOS as beign a 250gb wd hard drive, but after I got finished installing windows, it says I only have 127gb of space. Any have any suggestions here?

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
If your XP wasn't at SP1 or greater when you installed the drive, 127gig is all it would recognize. If you right click on My Computer, Manage, Disk Management, does half the drive show up as "Unallocated"?

Also, the BIOS has to be mid to late 2002 to recognize more than the 127gig.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnwill said:
If your XP wasn't at SP1 or greater when you installed the drive, 127gig is all it would recognize. If you right click on My Computer, Manage, Disk Management, does half the drive show up as "Unallocated"?

Also, the BIOS has to be mid to late 2002 to recognize more than the 127gig.
Yeah my BIOS recognizes it just fine, but windows is the problem, it does show up as unallocated, my version of Windows is fairly old now, probably back towards when it first came out. Is there a way I can gett all my space back without having to buy a new version of windows?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Hello Chicken Teeth:

there is an easy fix to your dilemma / all you need is a writabe cd-rom drive (burner) and cd-rom writing software such as nero, roxio, easy cd-creator etc

you nned to slipstream (intergrate & add) Service pack 2 to your windows OS disk / the addition of SP-2 to your OS disk will fix the 127 gig windows drive barrier.

if you go to this link (previous posted thread) and read all that is involved in my written reply # 27 (the reply numbers are in the upper right hand corner of each thread reply)
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=72897&page=1&pp=20

i would print out the info / its very detailed ~~ i believe

if you have any questions / dont hesitate to ask away !!

regards

joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.