Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm fixing a computer for a freind, and I was just going to reinstall XP for him, but I'm having a few problems. The computer specs are as follows:

Abit Computer
250gb hard drive
2gb ddr2 RAM
Intel pentium D
Windows XP pro
American Megatrends BIOS
(I'm able to give more info if needed)

When I first got the computer it booted up fine but when XP loaded it said "windows XP has recovered from a fatal error" then after 5 minutes of browsing the computer, it just went off suddenly
I tried to reboot it but this is where I got stuck at where I am now
The manufacturers boot screen came up and as usual says"press tab to enter setup and press del to show post screen" this shows for about 5 seconds and then the monitor just goes black with "no signal" but you can hear the fans still running. I pulled out the power and pressed tab to go into bios. The bios works fine and displays all the components. I restarted the computer and ten chose to go into the POST screen, but when I do, I get the a flash of and American Megatrends logo and then the same "no signal" I've tried flash the bios, reseating the ram and CPU, reconnected everything, but to no avail
Any help would be much appreciated

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Are you using Onboard Graphics or a dedicated GPU?
Brand & Model Number of the PSU?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
When powering on and with no RAM installed--If you do not hear a repeated single beep from the Mobo speaker the Mobo is probably faulty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive just tried booting with no ram and now im getting no siplay at all with two quite long beebs followed by one really short one and then series of beeps repeats until i shut it down

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.