Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turned it off last night it was working. This morning when I tried to turn it on it will only come on for a couple of seconds and than it shuts off. I have an EVGA Nvidia Nforce 680i SLI MOBO, A Core 2 Duo E6400 Chip, a BFGTech GE Force 7800 GS OC Video Card, a Creative XFi sound card, a 750W Thermaltake power supply, the only thing I havent changed out yet is my hard drive which was a Maxtor 80GB. It was starting to make some funny sounds on start up and I had a feeling that it might be going out so I bought a 160GB Western Digital hard drive that I have yet to install. I also never replaced the case dont know if that makes a difference, prob not. I tried flashing the BIOS and that didn't work. Any ideas??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Computer wont boot

Basically a second or 2 after i turn it on it turns off. It doesn't even have time to send info to the monitor.I have an aftermarket Zalman fan on it right now which comes on when i try to turn the system on but again only for a second or two.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
i found it was to heavy and i could not tighten it down enough to stop it slipping,the temps kept sky rocketing and i ended up putting in a water cooling sytem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.