Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a new PC with an intel q6700 chip, 4 gigs of ram and a terrabyte of storage. I have just installed a copy of windows xp professional on it and other software that I use for music and image production that have never given me problems on my old machine. Today as I was working on some music my computer just flashed up a message too quick for me to read and then the screens went black.
When I restarted my computer my machine started making a loud beeping noise repeatedly and not going through the beeping process. I cannot get to the bios stage or boot from disc. Has anyone any ideas what may have caused this?

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Does the screen show anything when you turn the computer on ? If it does then tell us what's the last message you see. If not then it's probably some hardware problem. Turn the computer off, unplug the power cable and open the computer case. Remember to touch a metal part of the case to discharge your own electricity before you touch any internal component. Check that the cpu heatsink is correctly seated and doesn't move at all. Take the memory sticks out and leave only one in the first slot (closer to the CPU). Check that the video card is correctly seated. Turn the computer on and check that all the fans are spinning.

This guide may help :
http://www.techsupportforum.com/content/Hardware/Articles/51.html

What are the complete specs of this computer ? What's the power supply brand, model and wattage ? Check the sticker that's on the side of the power supply block.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.