Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I had an old mobo, and am replacing it with a newer one. But when I plug it in with everything connected it starts for about...1 1/2 seconds then shuts off. When I unplug EVERYTHING from it it still does the same thing. I replaced the battery as well thinking that was the problem but that wasnt it. So I took it out of the case and plugged it in. Now what happens is it will turn on. The fan will start for, again, about 1 1/2 seconds then shuts off...then turns on again...then shuts off.
Please help.
Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had the same thing happen on two new builds that I made. Same case model, same motherboard model.

I did everything to figure this out, and finally I just hit the power button 3 or 4 times out of frustration and held it in for a several seconds. And it started.
Did the same exact same thing on both builds.

Motherboard companies got stung with bad caps a few years back.
Maybe there's another component they commonly use that had a bad batch.

:4-dontkno

Anyway, that's what worked for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive figured it out, got it started works installed Windows etc. Now I have a strange problem. I have 4 sticks of 1gb ram. Al the same speed make etc. I can install 3 no problem but when I put all 4 in my monitor wont turn on. Does my PS just not have enough juice?

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
check the voltage range it runs in at the ram makers site
you may need to raise the voltage as some m/b's default voltage is to low
you need to run win 64x to take advantage of 4g

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.