Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After downloading a anti-spyware program from my internet provider, i restarted like it told me to. After restarting, my computer became very, very slow and when I tried to run programs, my computer overheated around 71c, it shuts down automatically. I tried to use my computer over and over again and it shutdown like always after like 2 minutes. After a while, the computer refused to start up, sometimes it froze during windows load up, and sometimes there was no signal going to my monitor. I am now unable to use windows because it freezes before entering windows/ or no signal to monitor. I tried to restore the computer but it refuses to do so.

Anyone have an idea? I thought it might be my processor but i'm not sure

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Check inside your computer and make sure that all the fans are working properly and if need clean any excess dust out of there with some canned air. Also before windows boots hit F8 and see if you can get into safe mode. Let us know what you find.

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
I have a feeling it may be something to do with a driver on your system, trying booting via safe mode - if this does work, it's obviousley something to do with either drivers or something located in your OS folders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sys Specs: Intel P4 2.66ghz
ECS 848P-A7
Ultra V-series 400w
2047mb PC3200 DDR
ATI Radeon 9200
126GB Maxtor ATA

My fans are working just fine.

And no, i cannot get into bios,

freezes after saying : Main processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz(133.20.0)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.