Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Im having a little bit of a problem. I just finished putting in a new cpu(P4 Prescott 3.4GHz) and a gig of corsair xms memory.

So I turn on the power and it starts up and says new cpu installed press f1 to got into bios and setup or f2 to load default settings. I hit f1 and went into the bios and checked all the settings and everything seemed to be fine. So I went to exit and save and it begins to reboot. The logo for my mobo comes up like usual and then the thing just shut down. Now it wont even power up at all. All I get when I hit the power is a flash from some leds in my case. The power led on my mobo is on. On my last bios update I did use EZFlash to do it not knowing you shouldnt. But I never had any problems after that. Any help would be much appreciated...thanks :sad:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe...Bios 1019
3.4 P4 Prescott
1 gig Corsair XMS(2x512)
Antec NeoPower 480
WD Raptor 74 gig
WD 60 gig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The computer will not power up...so I cant update the bios. I didnt check for a bios update before I put in the new processor...stupid me. The latest bios for my mobo(P4C800 Deluxe) is 1021.005...not 1023, plus its a beta version. You must be thinking I have a E Deluxe. But anyways I cleared the cmos and that did nothing. I dont get it...it worked for a few minutes while I was in the bios and then I try to reboot and it just dies. Errrrr this really makes me mad...any suggestions as to what might be wrong...anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Oh okay....have you tried booting with just one module of memory, is it possible the heatsink is on too tight or too loose, is the 4 pin power connector and 20 pin power connector in secure. Have you tried a cold boot....turning off the psu, wait 30 sec then power back up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not tried booting with just one module of memory. I will have to do that today when I get home from work. I have tried with the heatsink loose and that did nothing. All the power connections are secure and the cold boot does not help. The first time I try to turn it on after a cold boot some leds just flash. If I hit it again nothing at all happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok ive been doing some trouble shooting and have come to the conclusion that it is my power supply. I hooked my old enermax psu up to it and it powered up. I tried this with both my new cpu and memory. Then with my old cpu and memory. I just dont see how my psu could have died. It should be able to handle the new cpu....shouldnt it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know it sucks spent like $150.00 on it and the thing dies. I ordered a PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Express / SLI last night. I also ordered a psu tester with it just to make sure my antec is dead. The PC Power and Cooling psu will provide more than enough power and will allow for better future upgrades.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.