Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing that my computer has been booting rather slowly over the past year or so, especially loading windows, but it has always booted. I hadn't used the computer for 2 days and upon turning it on, nothing happens. The light by the memory turns on, cpu fan turns on just fine. I disabled my graphics card fan because it got a little bent and was rubbing up against the heatsink fins and have a PCI fan in the computer to cool the video card, which also turns on just fine. There is no video, my monitor gets no signal whatsoever, no beep codes.

I've tried a different video card and hard drive. Tried with all memory removed. Tried with only 1 memory stick in. None of this works.

I have no idea what has gone wrong, and I hope that someone can help me figure this out.

In an effort to try to check whether my 120GB hard drive works (this is before I tried out the other hard drive in my computer), I took the hard drive out and connected it to another computer that I have. It would not boot off the hard drive. When I'm supposed to be at the Windows loading screen, I get a flash of a blue screen and then the computer restarts. I then set up the hard drive as a slave and used that computer's original hard drive and it boots fine. However, my 120 GB hard drive is partitioned to two drives one with 30 gb and the other with 90gb of space. Windows Vista 32 bit on that computer only sees the smaller partition. That computer has a 160gb hard drive partitioned into a 30gb and a 130gb.
I guess my other question is: is there something wrong with my hard drive now or does Vista simply not recognize partitions that it didn't make?

My Computer Specs:
Pentium 4 2.66 Ghz Processor
Gigabyte 865PE Pro1000 Motherboard
2 GB DDR400 Memory
EVGA 6600GT Video Card
Soundblaster Audigy 4 Sound Card
500 Watt CompUSA power supply.
Maxtor 120GB ATA HD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.