Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to start a war but i just got Call of Duty 4 and out of the 5 computers that are in my home, none of them will play the game. I have been considering buying a gaming computer, but i would also like to have a playstation or xbox. I don't usually have a lot of time to play games, but i like to sometimes, and i prefer PC games usually. I hate to spend money on a console that will sit and not get played often, but if i had a PC i could game and do other PC functions on it as well. Can i purchase a budget gaming PC that will support newer games or should i just buy a console and leave the computers to internet and music?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
COD4 is one of the most better running stable editions of the lastest and greatest in games.

What are your specs? Sure a older PC will not handle it

·
TSF Enthusiast
5,538 Posts
COD4 is one of the most better running stable editions of the lastest and greatest in games.

What are your specs? Sure a older PC will not handle it
i can agree with that totally.i only had a demo of it ran wide open [email protected] 1680x1050 resolution.it was smooth as butter at those settings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a gaming PC is expensive, but the PC gaming experience is superior to console IMO. I'm still trying to decide on what i want to do.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Consoles have the advantage of not needing upgrades and no need to make sure your PC is up to spec.

PCs let you tweak options more readily to squeeze out more performance.

Consoles will always run the titles designed to run on them.

My PC won't let me play FFVII despite FAR exceeding the recommended specifications. To get the most from Crysis I need some upgrades.

Consoles are easy to use in that you just need a TV.

PCs need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and an OS.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
No one said PC gaming was cheaper, or easier to start.

I just think its more fun.

Also lets look at the functions which a PC can provide

1. Data storage
2. Workstation for school/work
3. Internet browswer
4. A phone
5. E-mail
6. Running a business
7. Playing games
8. Watching TV
9. Watching movies

And so much more.

PCs make life so much easier. My PC is more then just a gaming rig. Its a rig which I store data on it, I got hundereds of GIGs off stuff on here, its marching into the terabytes as well. I got all my games on here, I communication I here, I do all my homework on here, hell I got essays from my freashman year in highschool.

Computers rae incredily useful. You simply cannot deny that.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Still, when you compare them in the area of gaming there are some glaring differences. I don't want to incite a flame war and I think this could turn into a great discussion, but I think all sides need to be equally examined.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, PC's have alot of different uses, a console sits if your not playing games, i have a PS2 in my room that i rarely ever play, but if i'm not gaming on my PC i'm using it for SOMETHING. Consoles are easier/cheaper, but i do prefer the PC gaming experience.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
same, I mean right now i'm on my PC which I game on, Not gaming, fixing too but still not gaming.

I checked my e-mail a few seconds ago. Also read a quick article on dailytech. Yesterday I watched a video about the rise and fall of the spartan city state pretty interseting.

But yea, don't do that on a console :)

·
Just hanging around
4,906 Posts
pc has the advantage of greater resolution and graphics, even compared to the latest-gen consoles. even though i've never done so myself, i read several articles about running games at 2560x1600 resolution (PS3 max is 1920x1080). they all said the experience was amazing. also, PC versions tend to have better support and bug patches.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.