Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my computer. All of the sudden it has started to act very very slow, with basicly everything i do. But the most noticeable is when i play computer games. Where my fps would normally always be at 99 it's now jumping between 10-99 constantly, and it's running so bad it's impossible to play. I'm 100% sure it's a software issue as I've had this computer for a long time and know what the hardware can pull off and can't pull off in terms of fps and so forth. I've had this issue before and the only resolution was to format the drives. I'm hoping that wont be nessesary again.

I've done numerous scans with AVG, kaspersky and adwarebot. Both avg and adwarebot finds tracking cookies that gets deleted, but they keep popping up again on new scans even though I've deleted them. AVG finds nothing in safe mode and kaspersky finds nothing in both normal and safe mode.

I've also used cccleaner and a registry cleanup, both of them did nothing. I reduced the startup programs when booting so everything is being kept to a minimum, and I've also disabled the windows restore points, so that any virus or trojans could get saved that way. My only logical conclusion is that there is some kind of trojan/virus using a ton of my computer power without my knowledge.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
TSF-Emeritus
15,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.