Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dell Inspiron N4030 on Windows 7 64bits started crashing and shutting off completely on its own this morning. No blue screen, no error messages, just turns off. I tried starting in safe mode, and it still turns off after about a minute. I did the initialization repair process twice, no deal. I can`t even get to the "restore to original state" page, it shuts off before. I don't know what else to do, I'm desperate. I'd LOVE to save about 20 pictures about my family that I have and will not be able to retrieve from anywhere else, but I don't know how to keep the computer on for enough time to back them to a flashdrive. Pleeeease help me!! :sigh:

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Your documents are fine, so don't worry about that. You could always pull the hard drive and copy the files to another machine.

Can you try booting the PC and go into either the BIOS or the boot menu and leave it there to see if still powers off? BIOS is usually F2 and Boot Menu may be F11 or F12 when you first power on the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shut off after about a minute of the screen being on BIOS.
About half an hour ago, I managed to get on my account, and it stayed on for about 15 minutes, but extremely slow, and I could not pull my files into an EHD before it shut off again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started a Pre-boot System Assesment from Diagnostics in the boot menu, and it kept going until it was running a short DST test on the hard drive, and then I got a rainbow screen and it shut off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already tried removing battery and running only on power cord, and the other way around. I even used a cooling bag underneath it in case it was an overheating issue. It keeps happening, and the time it stays on before it shuts off varies, and that's what is confusing me most. I don't know at what point the problem is occurring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cleaned the vents, tried to boot, it lasted about 10 minutes, then it shut off again and one of the vents got sorta hot. The computer doesn't recognize my flashdrive when I try to transfer a few pictures, and it gets reeeally slow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.