Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have read very similar thread about pc turning off while playing, but the problem I have is a little different. I suspect it's overheating, but how come then if I remove side panel, the problem doesn't disappear? It maybe lengthens the time until shutting down, but still, pc shuts down after a while. Also, this occurs only with some games ( CABAL Online, RF Online ). With others - it doesn't. Sometimes after the shutdown I can't even turn it back on and power button is flashing. I need to remove power supply cable for a few seconds to be able to turn PC on.

Any ideas how to fix this? :4-dontkno

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and one more thing... Could it be some kind of flaw in motherboard, which makes PC power off? Because first when i bought computer it was shutting down even without doing anything, then I got motherboard replaced. Now it's working quite fine, but could it be that there's still something what makes it behave this way?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

Since you had the motherboard replaced and not knowing exactly what was wrong wth it but it is said it was doing something like it is now and if they did not replace the power supply the old motherboard might have put a strain on the power supply and it might be going south (Bad). I would replace the power supply also just to be safe. The fact that you have to pull the power cord for a bit is suspicious also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if they changed the power supply. Maybe it was changed later, maybe not, I can't remember. So I guess the next step is to buy a new power supply and then see what happens.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i agree with ThorpXP, but i would sway too the probability of the PSU, due to having too take the cable out. if you want any help looking for a new/future proof psu's just ask, but ebuyers OCZ powersupply looks the sex ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummm.. Is there anything special to look at when buying a new PSU? The price is probably the main factor so I want something that works well but don't cost more than computer itself :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (256 MB)

CPU Type: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+

Motherboard: MSI K9N Ultra (MS-7250 v2)(3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Power supply: CODEGEN 350W

BIOS readings:
System Temp: 35 C
CPU Temp: ~40 C
CPU Voltage: 1.280 V
+12.0V: 12.408 V
+5.0V: 5.299 V
+3.3V: 3.296 V

I get no messages, no BSOD, nothing. Computer just shuts down. When I turn it on, there are also no messages saying that there was error or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.